New York Haul

By Kate - 11:11:00


Of course when I went to New York, I was very excited for the shopping there. Although it's such a pain that the exchange rate is so bad at the moment.
I'm so happy with everything I got although I don't feel like I bought that much however I came back with $1 left in my purse which shows that things were quite pricey!!


Makeup
First off I'll start with everything I bought from Sephora, which seemed to be everywhere in NYC! I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in 'Blonde'. This has been on my shopping list for a while and I'm so happy I got it. It's the perfect shade for me and I found it so easy to use it on my brows and this is now a staple in my makeup routine!

Next from Anastasia again I got the ABH Liquid Lipstick in 'Lovely'. This was $20 which I thought was quite expensive but I was desperate to try one and I picked this shade as it looked liked the perfect mauvy pink shade.
I also got a free gift from Sephora as it was nearly my birthday which was a mini Tarte Blush in 'Paaarty' and a Lip Paint in 'Birthday Suit' which I absolutely love. The lip paint is such a nice formula, it's really creamy and barely sticky. And the blush is to die for! It's the perfect pinky nude and looks so nice on.

One of my favourite purchases I got had to be this, a Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in 'Dolly'. This is my life and more (god i'm dramatic). Honestly my new favourite lip product, move over Mac lipstick.  The shade is gorgeous, it's a similar shade to my liquid lipstick. It gives a tingly sensation when applied which I love as it makes your lips feel really fresh.

From CVS, which is a big pharmacy chain, I got some products from E.L.F which I was very excited for. I got the Illuminating Palette which has four different highlighters in. I'm so happy with this as they aren't super pigmented so aren't like blinding when you use them. Don't get me wrong, I love a blinding glow but these look super natural and give such a healthy glow so I know I will be getting so many uses out of this.
I then got the E.L.F Bronzer in 'Golden' which has four different sections to it. I love the different sections as there is one highlighter kinda shade and some darker so it gives a really healthy glow and is so natural. I don't really own a bronzer like this so I'm excited to start properly using it!
Lastly from E.L.F I got the Mist & Set which is their setting spray. I've never actually tried a setting spray and considering this was only $3 I'm very impressed with it. It's not the big however I feel like it will last quite a while and it's perfect for travelling.


Next from CVS I got the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in 'Light'. This is one of my favourite purchases, and is for certain going to be a new favourite for me. I've never tried a formula like it as it's half cream, half powder which I really like as it makes it so soft and creamy. Do not get me started on how pretty this is though! The glow it gives is to die for and is everything you want in a bronzer and oh the smell is bloody amazing!!


Lastly from CVS, I got the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation in the shade '202'. I was desperate for this as it isn't sold in the UK and after hearing so many good reviews on it, I knew I had to try it. I love glowy foundations so this seems perfect. It's super easy to blend and gives the perfect amount of coverage for me.

Lastly on the makeup from a shop called Ricky's NYC I got two products from L.A Girl which I was on the hunt for, much to the annoyance of my parents! The first thing I got was the Pro Concealer in 'Porcelain'. I was stuck on what shade to get as there was so many but this is perfect! I'm using it as a highlighting concealer as it seems perfect for that, The concealer itself is so smooth and super easy to blend and doesn't seem to be creasing on me, and for the price is definitely worth it.
I also treated myself to this Glazed Lip Paint in 'Whisper' which is a pretty light nude shade. It looked so pretty when I swatched it in the shop and it looks just as pretty on the lips.



Skincare

From Sephora I got three masks which were very hard to chose as there was a huge selection! The first one is a Lotus Eye Mask which is for moisturising and soothing and I'm super excited to use this as my under eyes often feels a bit dry and lifeless. I also got two lip masks which I got in the same type so I got the Shea Lip Mask which is for protecting and repairing which although my lips are in quite good condition I thought this would really help them. And these were only $3 which I think is so well priced.


Next on skincare I got this Elizabeth Arden set which I've been so excited about, is this 8 Hour Cream Essentials. It includes the original 8 hour cream, 8 hour cream lip protectant and hand cream. I've already got addicted to the 8 hour Cream, it's amazing'!! I've so far only used it on my lips but it lasts for so long, it's so moisturising and I honestly cannot fault it!! The lip protectant is just the 8 hour cream but in a solid form which is just as good as the original and this set was only $29 which I thought was so well priced considering how expensive it normally is.


From Bath and Body works I got some hand sanitizer which are 'Girl Boss', 'Hello beautiful' and 'Champagne Sparkle'. They all smell so good and what makes me like them most is that they don't make your hands sticky at all after you use them which I find with my other hand gels. Also the packaging is so cute!
Also from Bath and Body Works I got three mini products which were the the 'Moon Light Path' Fragranced Mist which is a really natural scent but it's really fresh as I hate sickly sweet scents! And the 'Beautiful Day' Fragranced Mist as well which is quite similar to the other spray but a slightly different tone. 
The last mini I got was a Shea Body Lotion in 'Magic In The Air' which smells absolutely incredible! It's so moisturising and doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky and the scent does seems to last on my body for quite a while which is very impressive. And the packaging is so pretty as well!



Clothing

Starting at Victoria Secret, I got a bralette which I absolutely love. The offer was 2 for $24 and considering most of the bralettes in the offer were $29, it was definitely worth it. I only got one as I shared the offer with my sister (sharing is caring!). But anyway, I got a halter neck one which I was undecieded about but I went with my gut and got it. There were so many nice ones so it was a hard choice! It's in a dusty pink colour and it's so comfy and I'm definitely going to get some more in a shop near me!

In Pink, they had an offer on on their jumpers. So I got this black fleece zip up jumper which says Pink on the front and has Love Pink written on the back under the hood. This was on offer for $30 and considering how expensive they can be, I treated myself to it. It's so comfy and warm and I don't own a nice zip up jumper so I will be living in this!
I also got a t-shirt in pink which is a baby pink shade  and just has a pocket on with a stripe and has 'pink' written on one arm. It also has a white hem around the neck and sleeves which I thought really complimented the pink! I'd seen it in a couple of shops and on the last day decided to get it with my spare money. It's so soft and really makes me want to get some more casual tops from Pink.

The last clothing item I got, is just a touristy item really as it's a Black New York cap. It was in a tourist shop at Times Square and it caught my eye so I got it! I don't think I'll wear it out as I'm not really a cap person but I loved the design so I got it for $5 which is a bargain in my opinion!



I also got a Makeup Bag from Macy's, (let's pretend it's clothing so it can go in this section). But I love the design on this and as it can go flat it's really useful just to have in my bag and perfect for when I go on holiday! And I loved Macy's so I couldn't leave without buying anything!


Jewellery

Lastly is my favourite thing from New York, and I was so lucky to get treated to this! It's a necklace from Tiffany's and it's the Heart Tag with the Key. Ever since we booked New York I'd said I'd wanted it but after realising there was no way I'd have any money left to buy it for myself, I left it. But I was extremely lucky to get it bought my my Mum and Dad! I absolutely love it, it's so pretty and I'm so so grateful!!



Hope you enjoyed my New York haul, have you tried any of these products?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments