Tips To Make Your Makeup Last Longer

By Kate - 11:05:00


I hate it when my makeup doesn't last for the day however I've finally came to the point in my makeup where it is lasting all day long so I thought it would be the perfect time to do a post on it.
All of this tips work perfectly for me so I would definitely try them if you need your makeup to last all day long!

♡ Moisturise;
I always moisturise before I apply makeup as I love my skin to my hydrated and moisturised however I feel like it's a step that does help my makeup stay on for a bit longer. Also it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day and when I come to take my makeup off my skin still feels hydrated and moisturised.
I use: Garnier Moisture+ Soft Daily Light Moisturiser


♡ Prime;
Before I apply any makeup I have to prime my face, it's a must. When I apply it, it feels like a new layer skin that will keep my makeup on all day long and feels like a clean slate to do my makeup on. Using a primer also locks into my moisturiser so keeps my face even more moisturised for even longer.
 Also a primer can give your makeup an extra dewy look depending on which primer you use. I really want to try and new primer like the Smashbox one so tell me in the comments if you would recommend it! If you're not using a primer then it needs to be on your shopping list!
I use: Miss Sporty Insta Glow Primer


♡ Set With Powder;
I've always religiously set my makeup with powder, I use my big powder brush for around my face and a smaller brush to pack it under my eyes. I always use a translucent powder though so it doesn't cake up my face! And of course my all time favourite is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, honestly if you don't have this, you absolutely need it. It lasts all day and keeps my makeup in place and doesn't cake my face up at all. And it's around £3 which is an absolute bargain considering how long it lasts for!
I use: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder '001'

♡ Eye Primer;
One thing I hate is coming to the end of the day and my eyeshadow is basically non-existent. My eyelids get so oily which makes my eyeshadow barely last and they crease so much. So I always use an eyeshadow primer or concealer. I do quite like using concealer as a primer as I do feel like it makes my eyelids less oily however sometimes I don't think it lasts as well as an actual primer. I love the Rimmel primer as it's quite water based so feels soothing and fresh on the eyelids. I always feel like applying an eye primer is like a fresh canvas to do my eyeshadow on and I can't imagine not using a primer when doing my eyeshadow.
I use: Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeshadow Primer


♡ Use Lip Liner;
I always use a lip liner when wearing any lip product because I just think it finishes the lips off and makes whatever product your wearing look neater. As well as lining your lips, I also like to do a thin layer of lip liner all over my lips as it gives the perfect base for a lipstick/gloss and does help it last longer. 
I use: Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner


♡ Setting Spray;
Using a setting spray will lock your makeup down all day and gives the last perfect finish to your makeup. A setting spray is just like hairspray, it keeps your makeup in place all day and gives the finishing look to your makeup. Also a setting spray can hydrate your skin and help your makeup look fresh and awake. And a setting spray can come in handy to spray your makeup brushes before hand to make the product more pigmented. I always use my e.l.f spray before I apply eyeshadow as it makes the shadow more pigmented!
I use: E.L.F  Makeup Mist & Set


♡ Don't Touch;
Touching your face throughout the day will remove most of your makeup and if you're touching your face a lot throughout the day it can lead to breakouts from bacteria, which no one wants! I always keep my hands away from my face and I try my best not to lean onto my hand as I always find the makeup will just transfer and I'll end up with less coverage in that area. This is such an easy step but can definitely impact on how long your makeup will last for.

What are your tips for long lasting makeup?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments