Minimal Summer Makeup

By Kate - 17:01:00

E.L.F, IHeartMakeup,


I always love wearing makeup but not so much when it's hot and I end up sweating it all off by the end of the day. So on holiday or if on the rare occasion England actually shows some sun, then I will tend to do this minimal makeup look that's comfy on the face to wear when it's hot and sunny but still gives me some coverage and makes me look half decent!

I'm starting by using my concealer to give coverage to my cheeks as I'm not using foundation as it's normally the last thing I want on my face when it's hot and I find it can feel quite heavy and uncomfortable in the heat. Also my skin doesn't need that much coverage so concealer does the job however if you did want some more coverage for all over your face, I would recommend a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream as it's comfy and gives good coverage. So for concealer I'm using my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 'Cool Medium 2' which gives coverage but looks super natural. And I blended this all in with my damp beauty blender from Spectrum to give a natural, dewy finish.

 I'm then using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 'Fair 1' and I take this under my eyes, middle of my forehead and chin to give coverage and to highlight slightly. I also blended this in with my beauty blender again for a dewy and light coverage.
I then look the highlighting powder from my Seventeen Define & Conquer and took this under my eyes and forehead to set my concealer. I didn't take this on my face as I wanted to keep it super natural and dewy.

Moving onto bronzer, I used my Physicians Formula Bronzer in 'Light' which gives such a healthy glow and I take this under my cheekbones, jaw line and forehead to give a bronzed glow as I never tan so I need all the help I can get!
And for highlighter I wanted to keep it super natural so I used my E.L.F Shimmer with Brush 'Gold' (read more about it here) as it's quite subtle however does have pigment when built up. It gives a pearly, champagne glow which suits my skin tone so well.
I also took my IHeartMakeup Blushing Hearts Triple Baked Blusher in 'Peachy Keen' very lightly on the apples of my cheeks for a little bit of colour and this looks super natural and glowy.

Moving onto the eyes I took my Freedom Brow Powder in Light/Medium and used the shade in the top right corner (taupe shade) and lightly used this on my brows to give some shape and definition. This also doesn't feel heavy on the brows so is comfy to wear for all day.
For eyeshadow this is optional but my eyelids get very oily so I'm keeping it super simple by just using my Physicians Formula Bronzer (used before) in my crease and also taking my E.LF Highlighter (again same as before) and blending this from the inner corner and into the centre of my eye. This is uper simple but does make a difference and opens up your eye.

For mascara, I've of course used my all time favourite which is the Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara as it gives my lashes volume and length and I never use any other mascaras because I stick to what I know! Also I only used this on my top lashes as I wanted to keep it as minimal as possible!
Lastly on the lips I took my E.L.F EX-tra Lip Gloss in 'Brian' as I love the shade of this and it suits the bronzy look so well. The shade is quite pigmented however after I apply it, I will blot it down so it's more subtle.

And that's it for my minimal summer makeup look, although I did use quite a couple of products so it wasn't so minimal but on the face is looks subtle and glowy and I find not using foundation makes it look a bit more natural and is so quick and easy to do.

Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Loved this, you look stunning girly xo
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with those blushing hearts blushers ahh! You look gorgeous by the way Kate x

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! They are so pretty! This makeup look is gorgeous! I love it! So simple and natural ! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like wearing makeup in this heat either. It's way too hot here where I live. I do like to do minimal makeup looks as well, just to add a little something extra like mascara, brows, and lips. I believe these are all drugstore products you use, and I love that. You've created a lovely, affordable look too!

    Ashlynn | The Crimson Cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so pretty oh my god?! wow, I love this look. I love keeping my makeup looks minimal! so pretty aw x

    Sami // samiyah.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, such a gorgeous girl!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this post! I really want to try the Physicians Bronzer it looks absolutely stunning as does your makeup overall btw. It really suits you. Thank you so much for sharing all this makeup with us, I'll defiantly be looking up some of these beauties. Xo

    Elle - https://ellegracedeveson.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this makeup look! I really need to get a new concealer and will defo try the Collection one next! Also the Blushing Hearts Blusher is so pretty! x
    Emily M - http://emily-m-adventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try that physicians formula bronzer, it sounds amazing! You loo great and I love your photos. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't like ELF foundation it was darker than others the same description but I guess I am also pretty pale. Maybe I would like their lip gloss more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You use so many similar products to me! Nice to know someone shares the love, I don't think i'll ever use another concealer again after finding the Collection one, such a fabulous product for the price! You have such lovely skin too :)
    Alice Xx
    blacktulipbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful look!

    With love, Tanya x
    www.tantalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete