Festival Get Ready With Me

By Kate - 10:12:00


I always love reading 'get ready with me' posts as you get beauty, fashion and sometimes hair in one post and you can be nosy and see where people are going (hope I'm not the only one..)! So I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to do this post and I'd definitely love to do some more but that all depends on the odd occasion I actually make an effort when leaving the house... 
But last Sunday I went to Fusion Festival in Liverpool which was the second time I'd been and I had such a good time with my two friends! I cried a lot as my favourite band New Hope Club were there and Blake waved back at me and then followed me on twitter so I'm still crying (yes I have no life) and my makeup still looked acceptable be the end of the day so I was very impressed! And it was the perfect opportunity to do a full face and wear a nice outfit so I hope you enjoy reading!

 Makeup;
I started with my brows and I used my ABH Dipbrow Pomade in 'Blonde' to fill in my brows and used my Benefit Gimmie Brow in shade 1 to keep them in place all day. And then I carved them out with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 1 which makes them look a bit sharper and neat.
For eyeshadow I started by priming my eyes with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and set in in place with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer which keeps my eyeshadow in place all day and makes the perfect blank canvas to start your eyeshadow on. And I kept it quite simple and I used the Makeup Obsession Eyeshadow in 'Paris' which I worked into my crease and fully blended out. And then I took the shade on the bottom row in the middle which is a super pigmented gold from the Primark Peach Eyeshadow Palette which I took in the centre of my eye and to finish off I took the Mary Lou Highlighter from The Balm in my inner corner.

On my lashes I took my Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara on my top lashes and I put on my false lashes which are the Ardell Demi Wispies which I mentioned in my August Favourites and they are so gorgeous. I applied these with the Duo Eyelash Glue in Clear as well which keeps them on all day. And I didn't apply any mascara to my bottom lashes as I knew I would end up crying so I didn't want it all to smudge...

To prime I took my Nivea Express Hydration Primer which keeps my skin super hydrated and keeps my makeup on all day long. I then took the Seventeen Skin Wow Highlighter on my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, chin and tiny bit on my forehead to highlight in these areas and it gives a glowy base under foundation. And I used my Freedom Pro HD Longwear Corrector in 'Green' which I use to colour correct on my cheeks and on any red spots.
For foundation I used a mix of three as I used my two favourites which are the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow in 202 and the L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover in 303 which you can read more about this combo here however I had faked tanned to I used some of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 53 as it is a little bit darker so matched my neck more! I blended this in my my buffing brush to give maximum coverage but later went over my base with a damp sponge. To brighten and concealer my under eyes I took the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 1 and also used it on my forehead, nose and chine lightly to highlight. To set this all in place I took my Technic Colour Correcting Loose Powder under my eyes and on my forehead and chin as this is where I get shiny and I want to keep my under eye concealer in place all day.

To sculpt out my cheekbones I used the contour shade from the Seventeen Define & Conquer and lightly used it under my cheekbones and very lightly down the sides of my nose. And for bronzer I took my trusty Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light to bronze my cheekbones and my upper forehead. For highlight I took the Mary Lou Highlighter by The Balm and took this generously on my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow and brow bone.

I then went back to my eyes and took the Makeup Obsession eyeshadow in 'Paris' on my bottom lash line lightly just to give my eyes some more definition. And to finish off, on my lips I wore my Mac Patent Polish Lip Pencil in 'It's Really Me' which is my all time favourite.

I also later applied some festival glitter because I can't say no to glitter! And I used the Chunky Holographic Pink Glitter from Rose And Sparkle on Depop which I loved and I'd definitely recommend this glitter, the pots are so cheap but such good quality. And I applied this with Vaseline and an old eyeshadow brush. which stayed on all day and I loved it!!

 Outfit;
I spent ages looking for the 'perfect' top and I was so happy with this stunning top from PrettyLittleThing which is the Pink Stripe Drawstring Frill Crop Top. I love how simple the top is but the drawstring detail at the bottom makes all the difference and I love the little details on it, like how on the drawstring section the stripes go horizontal not vertical like the main top. It has quite a wide neck which suits the top and I feel like this will be a staple piece that will stay in my wardrobe for a while.
I wore this with my Topshop Blue Ripped Denim Mom Shorts which have been my favourite shorts this year and it was my first time wearing them in England although I was absolutely freezing in the rain! And I also wore my Black Bum Bag from Primark which was a £5 bargain and I managed to fit all my supplies in! And then on my feet I wore my grey wellies which are from Wilko's which left my toes numb by the end of the day but did the job!

Hair;
I kept my hair super simple by just straightening it with my GHD's and setting it in place with the Show Premiere Finishing Spray which is so good and keeps my hair straight all day. Except for I couldn't escape the rain so I had a little birds nest on my head by the end of the day..

Hope you all enjoyed this post and I'd like to do some more 'get ready with me' posts as I really enjoyed writing this!
Kate Xx 

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can't get over how incredible you look! I'm going straight to Pretty Little Thing to check out the pink top. Also loved the picture at the start, it's quite different to your usual style but I love it so much!
    Zara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is super pretty Kate and I love your top too! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete