How To Style The Shirt Dress

By Kate - 17:00:00








I'm sure we all have them pieces in our wardrobe that you've bought thinking you would wear it all the time and it turns out 6 months later it's still sat there with the tag on. Well this shirt dress was one of them pieces for me however it's suddenly grew on me since I wrote this post so maybe it's something I'll see more of this season!
I bought this right at the start of spring for around £12 and being honest, I hadn't touched it until the other week when I decided to write this post. The look I created is a look that perhaps may leave you a little bit cold in the cooler autumn days however if you throw a pair of tights on and a jacket then it's an easy outfit to layer up with.

This shirt dress a simple khaki material with press-studs down the front and on the arms so they can roll up and it's from Missguided and is a piece that is super easy to style. The khaki shade is a perfect shade for coming in to autumn as well as the plain shade of the shirt makes adding accessories to it super easy and it goes with most shades so you can easily add a pop of colour to go with it. I wore it with the sleeves rolled up and left the top two press-studs open to give it more of a causal vibe however wearing the sleeves down would probably be the clever option when you're in the cold.

I paired the shirt dress with my chunky black belt with silver detailing which is from River Island and this is definitely a necessity as it gives the shirt dress shape, instead of it naturally hanging loosely as it's a little bit too big for me.
I also wore one of my new obsessions which is this Black Cross Body Bag from Primark which has silver detailing on the front which goes perfectly with the belt. I love the black against the khaki as it's super simple and I think it's a combo that's ideal for this season.
I kept the black accessories flowing down to my feet where I wore my (surprise surprise) Black Old Skool Vans which are my favourite shoes and I love how they look with the whole outfit.

I didn't wear tights with this look as firstly I couldn't find any however I quite liked it without tights. The shirt dress looks quite short in the photos but it doesn't feel too short when wearing it and paired with a coat, it would be the perfect outfit for a day inside.

How would you style a shirt dress?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love this outfit! Khaki colour looks so good on you! x

    newlune.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a tshirt dress. They're so simple and casual but can also be dressed up too! You look fab and are seriously killing the blogging game atm girl! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is stunning, you killed it!! looks amazing.
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete