August Favourites

By Kate - 10:00:00


You can probably predict the start to this monthly favourite, typical me blabbing on about how fast the last months gone. And well you're right, August flew by! I had a nice month of going on holiday and catching up with friends and chilling and I can't say it felt like summer by the crap weather in England so I'm now super excited for Autumn, by far my favourite season!
Also little update I'm currently setting up my own self-hosted blog which I'm super excited for but it's a slow process for me as I have no clue what I'm doing but hopefully it should be up and running soon!


Zara 'Fiori' T-Shirt;
I absolutely love the £5.99 t-shirts that Zara sell as you can wear a patterned t-shirt with anything and everything and it's so effortless but looks so stylish because they do stunning patterned t-shirts. I bought this t-shirt in France but have seen it in stores in the UK and I'm tempted to buy some of Zara's other t-shirts as they have quite a lot of statement tee's in at the moment which are perfect to wear all year round. I love just simply wearing mine with jeans and my red cross body bag as it's so easy and simple but looks like you've put effort in to your outfit. And if anyone's wondering what 'fiori' means (because I had to google translate it...) it means flowers in Italian!!

Ardell False Lashes Demi Wispies Black;
I tried false lashes for the first time this month and I tried a pair of Superdrug lashes first which I bought for £1 and were just a tester pair and they were not so good as I found them super rigid and they didn't curve around my lash line very well. However I bought a pair of the Ardell Demi Wispies as well as I knew many people love them and I'm now one of them many people who love them. They're very delicate so are easy to move on your eye and bend however aren't too delicate so it's not like you're going to break them or ruined them whilst applying. I love the demi wispies as the normal wispies that they sell are quite long and my eye is quite small and closes over itself so the demi wispie size is perfect and they look super natural but so stunning on.
And it said online that Ardell are cruelty free which makes me feel 10x better towards them!

Accessorize Silver Hoops Earring Set;

I'm sucker for hoops, I wear them most times when I go out so my Mum kindly treated me to some thin silver hoops from Accessorise which I absolutely love. They came in a pack of three ranging from a small size, medium and a big hoop however I had to give the big hoops to my sister as she persuaded my Mum that she needed them... But the medium and small hoops are the perfect sizes for me as I can wear them casually without them being too big. They are such good quality as well as they have really easy fastening on which I couldn't explain to save my life but it lifts up and down so even the small hoops are so easy to put in.

Tiger Homeware;

This is a bit of random favourite but I went in Tiger when I was on holiday and I was in heaven! I've never been in a Tiger before (I think there might be one in London??) but it was so cheap and they have such a big range of products that were all only a euro each. I picked up this small pastel pink ceramic bowl as well as this pink glass bottle which is shaped as a fish which I'm not too sure what to do with but it looks cute in my room! The pastel bowl is my favourite as I love the colour and I've been loving it in my blog photos so for only one euro this was a very good purchase!

Bath & Body Works 'Beautiful Day' Fragrance Mist;
I'm not usually fussed on body sprays as I tend to find them too sweet and never feel like the scent stays on me for longer than 2 minutes and I bought this one in February and being honest, I haven't touched it since the start of this month! I wanted a body spray to take on holiday with me as I didn't want to take a perfume so I just took this one as it was the perfect size and just grabbed it off my shelf in my last minute packing! But ever since I took it with me I've been using it none stop. It's not that sweet and the scent is quite neutral and subtle but there is a still a clear fresh scent. I find this quite long lasting and I now spray it all the time!

Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris;
I love reading books on holiday as I don't read as much as I want to at home as I never seem to have the time or I'll just forget so on holiday I read 24/7. This book was my favourite book that I read on holiday and I'm tempted to read it again as I loved it so much. I love reading thrillers that keep you hooked and make you feel like you can't put the book down and this ticked all the boxes. I won't give anything away but the book focuses on this perfect couple, Jack and Grace, however as the book title suggests you don't know what happens behind closed doors... I couldn't fault anything with this book, it wasn't predictable and from start to end the story was so clever and well written. 

Music Favourites;
Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift   (it's mad but I love it)
Why - Sabrina Carpenter
Havana - Camila Cabello
Yound Dumb & Broke - Khalid
Friends - Justin Bieber 
Touch - Shift K3Y   (does anyone remember this tune, love throwbacks!!)
Without You - Avivii 
Beatles Mashup - Cover by New Hope Club


What's been one of your favourites this month?

Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lovely favourites! I've never tried false lashes but am tempted to for special occasions and definitely want to try that brand if I do. I love Tiger homeware, there's actually one in my local city and I love how affordable it is! I also love some of your music choices especially Taylor Swift's new song and I will be checking out the ones I haven't heard yet now! X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Look What You Made Me Do, the video is so cool and the song is catchy! I'll have to check out Behind Closed Doors it sounds like something I'd enjoy :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with Look What You Made Me Do as well! Hope you had a good month <3
    Amy xx
    amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading these posts and as it gives me ideas of things I need to try, I also love the Ardell Demi wispies, I swear by them!!
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk

    ReplyDelete