E.L.F Cosmetics First Impressions

By Kate - 17:11:00





After buying some E.L.F products in my recent holiday to America (read about it here) and loving them, I did really want to try some more products of theirs and I treated myself to a couple more things the other day as they had free delivery online! I absolutely love their products and will definitely be ordering more! Also I did mention some of these in my New York Haul however I've tried them fully now so I thought it would be perfect to do a first impressions.

♡ Bronzer 'Golden';
I got this as I absolutely love powders which has a mixture of tones and shades as I think it can give such a natural healthy glow. In this bronzer you get 4 sections which three are bronze shades and one which is more of a highlighter.
I loved bronzing my face with this, it gave such a healthy glow and will definitely be a summer staple for me. The shades a perfect for me, I swirled my brush equally around the whole powder and I loved the outcome.
 I did have a concern that it would be too shimmery but on the face it doesn't look to shimmery at all. Also it's not that pigmented which I do like as it makes it easy to achieve a very natural bronze (especially for my very pale skin) and is buildable if you wanted a deeper bronzed look.

♡ Illuminating Palette;
I was super excited for this as when I swatched it, it gave such a natural glow. I loved using it as it was so smooth and glided onto my face. It's perfect to use for everyday use and I love it with a natural makeup look. The shade range you get is really good as well as there is a sliver, pink, champagne and peachy tones in the palette. I also do find them buildable as well, you can give a very subtle highlight or build it up to give more of a fuller look.
I love the packaging as well, as it's perfect to travel with as it's thin and has a big mirror in which would be perfect to do your makeup in if you can use a compact mirror.

♡ Tone Correcting Powder 'Cool';
I was super excited to try this as I'd never seen a colour correcting powder before and when I saw it online for only £4 I knew I had to get it. Like the bronzer, it has four sections to it. There is a green, yellow, blue and pink shades in the powder. To be honest, I'm a little bit confused to whether I'm using it right as I wasn't sure if you were meant to use them all at the same time as obviously all the different shades are to conceal different areas of your face. So after a while of debating, I just swirled my brush into all of them (which is probably wrong) but I did really it. The powder wasn't cakey at all and was so smooth on my face. It did give good coverage as well, I focused my brush on the green section as my cheeks are very red and it did conceal the redness quite well and I definitely will be including this powder in my go-to makeup, even if I'm using it wrong!

♡ Makeup Mist & Set;
This is my first ever setting spray so I was looking forward to trying it and I was very pleased with the outcome. It doesn't have the best packaging however I bought it for $3 so I shouldn't really complain! It was super easy to spray onto my face and doesn't smell of anything which I personally really like as I don't think I'd like it as much if there was a smell to it.
It did seem to make my makeup last longer and I felt like at the end of the day I looked like I had more coverage in my makeup still than if I hadn't used the spray. It's also perfect for spraying onto your brushes as I used it on my eyeshadow brush and it gave so much more pigment to my eyeshadow so I'm very impressed by this and it will be getting many uses!

♡ Ex-tra Lip Gloss 'Brian';
I was super excited for this as for finding it for £1.30 online and looked liked my perfect gloss shade, and light pink kinda shade. 
As always with my case, it came and didn't really look how I expected it to. A bit too on the pink side than I had hoped. However I'm sure in the summer months, I could try and pull it off. Although it is quite full on when it is first applied, if I lightly dab it then it becomes more natural so is much more easy to wear.
Forgetting about the shade, the actual lip gloss itself is the perfect consistency. It's not sticky at all and does feel moisturising on the lips. I'd definitely recommend this however maybe not in this shade if brighter pink shades aren't your thing.

♡ Shimmer 'Gold';
I decided to buy this as it was reduced to 40p and I couldn't really resit because I thought it was worth trying it for that price. I was very impressed as I opened it, as for e.l.f's basic range it was good quality packaging. It came with a small rectangular brush which I probably won't use and it had a small mirror underneath the brush which I thought was very clever and it's so useful.
I was a little bit amazed of how much kickback it made when I lightly swirled my brush into the powder however I did really like the way it looked on my face. Although it's shade name is 'gold', I would say it is more of a silvery gold and it really suits my skin tone well. It has the perfect pigment for my liking, it is noticeable however isn't full on.


♡ Shimmering Facial Whip 'Pink Lemonade';
This was also on sale on the e.l.f website so for around 50p, I again thought I would give it a go. When it arrived, I was surprised at how pink it was. And when I swatched, I was surprised at how pink it was so I don't think I will be getting much use out of this.
When I swatched it, I use a small pea drop and blended it out. And let me tell you, a little goes a hell of a long way. It did give a really nice shimmer which I would love on my face however not in the pink shade. I definitely wouldn't use it for a highlighter as I feel like it would look ridiculous on my face however I did try using a tiny spot for eyeshadow which did seem to work quite well. So I think I will try and create some eye looks with it but maybe stick with my other highlighters instead! 
I would reccomend looking at the other shades though as it is very smooth and shimmery so would make a pretty highlighter.



Have you tired any of these products or will you be going to?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments